Business Skills for Growth and Profitability
Start Date: October 7, 2019
Location: Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce Office (275 Charlotte St.)
Time: Classes will be held every Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6 – 9 pm.
With a Focus on Entrepreneurship.
- Strategic positioning
- Marketing fundamentals
- Bidding and tendering
- Planning your project for success
- Building an empowering team
- Strategic planning for growth
Course Content will include:
- Define supply chain essentials
- Define your strategic position
- Complete SWOT analysis
- Identify your guiding principles
- Define your positioning statement
- Cultivate a safety culture throughout your business
- Define key elements of a marketing strategy
- Assess the competitive landscape
- Define your product/service offerings
- Develop & strengthen distribution channels
- Assess your promotional strategy
- Understand fundamental pricing terminology
- Establish profitable pricing strategies
- Assess your Cost of Goods Sold and profit margin
- Identify strategies for successful bidding and tendering
- Identify components required for writing a successful tender
- Define the project planning cycle
- Develop work breakdown schedule
- Define the basics of team building
- Characteristics of a high functioning team
- Apply Maxwell’s laws of team leadership
- Develop a two-year action plan for business growth
- Assess priorities for business growth
To register please contact Melissa Vickers at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 902-564-6453.
Introduction to Quickbooks
Start Date: October 21, 2019
Location: Mi’kmaw Economic Benefits Office located at 201 Churchill Drive Suite 201.
Time: Classes will be held every Monday and Thursday evenings from 6 – 9 pm.
Learning Outcomes Include:
- Accounting Theory
- Set up of Quickbooks software
- Set up of accounts/lists
- Navigating the software
- Creating invoices and credits,
- Recording sales receipts
- Setting up payables and credit cards
- Receiving payments and making deposits
- Writing cheques
- Paying invoices
- Bank Reconciliations.
The Introduction to Quickbooks course will run 2 X a week on Monday and Thursday evenings from 6pm – 9pm beginning on October 21, at the Mi’kmaw Economic Benefits Office located at 201 Churchill Drive Suite 201.