4 Workshops | 4 Weeks | 4 Month Plan
This program is offered by CEED (Centre for Entrepreneurship, Education and Development) in partnership with the Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce. It is designed to help business owners create an effective plan to recover from organizational crises, specifically the current effects of the global pandemic we are all doing our best to navigate through. This program is currently exclusive to members of the Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce.
To participate, you must apply to the program through the application link below. Six businesses will be selected to take the program in this summer cohort. During the program, the selected businesses/entrepreneurs will work in a group of 6 with other non-competing business owners, collaborating to explore the root of your organizational challenges and pivoting your business model to overcome threats and embrace opportunities.
Throughout the 4 weeks, you will also receive 1 on 1 support from a Business Advisor to help answer your specific questions and provide guidance. This program includes:
- 2 x 60-minute advisory sessions
- 4 x 30-minute advisory sessions
Workshops dates and topics:
- Session 1- July 15, 2020– Critical Assessment, understanding causes, symptoms and identifying immediate threats
- Session 2- July 16, 2020- Managing Cash Flow, and identifying key actions for addressing immediate threats
- Session 3- July 29, 2020– Review and adapt the current action plan and business model. Stabilize your business with a 30-90 day action plan
- Session 4- August 12, 2020– Optimize your 90+ day business model, future risk management and mitigation plan and Balance Score Card
All sessions take place from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm during each date outlined above.
“This program is exactly what I need. The small group setting works best for me. Each member has their own issues but is willing to help the others, offering advice, support, and even hands-on assistance. We all have something to offer one another. I love how the program provides step by step actions on how to prepare to reopen.” – Program Participant