07 Jan Apply Now: Student Position
This position is only open to students currently enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution. Unfortunately, International students do not qualify under this funding program.
The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce is looking to hire an enthusiastic, self-directed, and exceptionally organized individual. This role will be dynamic and fast-paced, with the opportunity to hone and further develop a variety of skill sets, including but not limited to, marketing, content creation, strategic planning, event coordination, website development, membership engagement, social media planning, etc. The successful candidate must be a strong writer, able to identify opportunities, bring ideas to the team, and follow through on tasks and projects.
The Marketing and Communications Student will be a valued member of a small team by supporting the implementation of the organizational strategy. If you are not afraid to ask questions, work independently and collaboratively, are self-directed and self-motivated, have a keen interest in marketing and communications, and a positive attitude, we want to meet you!
- A talented and confident writer
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed and works to exceed expectations
- Strategic thinker and disciplined executer
- Ability to work with deadlines and multi-task on several projects simultaneously
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and also independently
- Social media content development
- Content writing for the web
- Blogging (curated and branded content)
- Support implementation of the strategic plan for the Chamber
- Event planning and coordination
- Data input in Quickbooks accounting software
- Updating Membership database and member relations
- Development of membership engagement materials and programs
- Support the planning of fall events including the Excellence in Business Awards, luncheons, and Business after hours
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by January 15, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.