Office Manager and Membership Relations Coordinator
(1 Year Maternity Leave)
The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce is seeking an outgoing professional to fill a one year term to cover a maternity leave. The duration of the job term will be from October 2019-November 2020.
The Chamber’s mission is to empower businesses to thrive here in the CBRM. We work hard to cultivate positivity by changing the conversation about business here at home while creating a stronger business community through collaboration, networking, advocacy and education. We challenge the status quo and encourage innovation amongst our membership, and we believe we are a catalyst for business growth here in our community.
We are a small but mighty team that works in a high-paced, high-energy office where we value teamwork, positive relationships and creative thinking!
- Are you outgoing and motivated to succeed in a professional environment?
- Do you have a desire to advance our business community and build your network?
- Are you a self-starter and self-directed, while thriving in a team environment?
- Do you excel in work environments where creativity is welcomed and encouraged?
- Are you detail-focused and goal-oriented?
- Are you passionate about the advancement of our community and our island?
If this sounds like you, then continue reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
- Manage all bookkeeping for Chamber office using Quickbooks desktop platform, as well as submit bi-weekly payroll, complete and file GST, etc.
- Maintain all office needs and supplies
- Manage and complete daily administrative duties (phone, messages, filing, etc.)
- Prepare and submit funding applications for programs through provincial and federal government departments
- Plan agendas and coordinate all Board of Directors and Advisory Council meetings with CEO
- Record minutes at all Board of Directors and Advisory Council meetings
- Manage and maintain Chamber boardroom and all bookings (internal and external)
- Provide ongoing general office support to CEO and Chamber Board of Directors as needed
- Proficiency working with Microsoft software required. Experience working with Google Docs and Drive is an asset
- Experience working with website management software including WordPress is an asset
- Proficiency in social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn is an asset
- Experience and interest in graphic design is an asset
- Interact and work with all current members
- Create and prepare content for weekly Chamber newsletter/e-blast each week
- Set and work towards membership recruitment monthly targets
- Lead and fulfil membership benefit sales efforts
- Lead and fulfill membership retention efforts
- Lead projects that work to support current and future Chamber members
- Lead, organize and meet event sponsorship
- Manage and upkeep membership relationship platform (ChamberMaster)
- Establish and maintain relationships with member benefit providers
- Coordinate and manage the annual Chamber travel program
- Provide support for current and new members with integration into Chamber programs and services
Interviews will begin immediately and will be ongoing until we successfully hire. The Chamber hopes to hire the successful candidate in September 2019 and have the candidate begin the position in October 2019 with a training overlap.
To apply, please email Kathleen Yurchesyn with your cover letter and resume. In your letter, please outline why you would be an excellent fit for this role, your experience that aligns with the role’s responsibilities and your interest in this position. firstname.lastname@example.org
Print job description from PDF file here.