The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce is closely monitoring and assessing new developments pertaining to COVID-19, as well as its impacts on our local business community.
As business owners, employers, employees, and citizens, we recognize that this rapidly changing situation with COVID-19 is causing worry and concern.
To support you through this uncertainty, we have gathered and prepared several resources that you can navigate through on the drop-down menu (on mobile) or on the left-hand navigation (on desktop).
We fully recognize that we are living in extraordinary times where extraordinary measures are being taken as a province and as a nation. It’s a difficult time for all of us as we try to navigate what’s best for the health and wellbeing of our businesses, communities, loved ones and ourselves.
Right now, the Chamber’s role during this time is simple, yet important:
- to advocate for access to support, resources and tools for our business community from our government
- to share and communicate accurate information as soon as we are informed, and provide clear and easy to understand steps with how to access the support, resources and tools available
As restrictions are starting to ease, businesses are starting to open, and we head towards economic recovery the chamber is working to gather information on how we can best support and advocate for you during the recovery phase of the pandemic.
- Advocacy to Federal & Provincial Governments for policy and business support needs
- Policy Development is conducive to business recovery and business innovation
- Connectivity & collaboration to build capacity, continuity, and development of community business supports and programs, including support for the accelerated adoption of new or emerging business models that can thrive in a post-COVID environment
- Marketing campaigns, events, or other collaborations that can stimulate recovery