17 Feb We’re Hiring!
POSITION: Events and Social Media Coordinator
The Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce is looking to hire an enthusiastic, creative, self-directed and exceptionally organized Events and Social Media Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a take-charge professional with the ability to manage administration and logistics in a busy special events environment, as well as develop new events programming. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for social media management of the Chamber’s official social channels with the support of the other Chamber staff.
Reporting directly to the Chamber CEO, the Events and Social Media Coordinator must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. The ideal candidate should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, be able to build relationships with internal and external customers and work as part of a dedicated team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement critical paths to ensure event deadlines and standards are met
- Develop and maintain an annual schedule as well as individual work back schedules for each event
- Create and manage event budgets
- Acquire quotes and negotiate supplier agreements and act as a point of contact for all event suppliers and vendors
- Maintain and update website event pages
- Manage event registration database
- Work collaboratively with the Chamber team and event committees and act as a liaison to event stakeholders and sponsors
- Coordinate sponsorship and sponsorship deliverables for event sponsors
- Identify, schedule and liaise with speakers and special guests
- Assist in the management of the nomination and judging process for award programs
- Write event program documents including event scripts, agendas, show flows, production schedules, signage, name badges, and floor-plans
- Collect and/or write event content including program information, event descriptions, etc.
- Implement post-event evaluations and reviews
- Manage logistics of Chamber events and serve as point-of-contact for event attendees
- Coordinate on-site event production, clean up, volunteers and staff
- Solicit donations, and door prizes
- Edit and proofread all event materials
- Work with Chamber CEO on theme development, event materials, marketing initiatives, and promotion as needed.
- In addition to event duties, the successful candidate will also be responsible for content development for social channels, ensuring our social channels have relevant, valuable and informative content, frequently.
- This role will be a contract position funded by the START program. To be eligible you must be unemployed or underemployed to qualify. The long-term intention of this position is for it to be full-time, continuing work with the Chamber.
- Completion of Diploma or degree in Business, Event Management, Hospitality or related field, and 1+ year of event planning experience or equivalent in education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must possess analytical skills including creative thinking.
- Must work well independently and under pressure.
- Must be adaptable and willing to work flexible hours including some evenings.
- Must possess time, resource, and project management skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, and attention to detail with a high expectation of quality.
- Must have strong communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with a high level of professionalism.
- Must provide excellent customer service.